Monday, August 28, 2006

It’s finally over…

The 33rd Pesta Sukan has finally come to an end at 7:30pm, Singapore time on 27th August 2006. After four days of grueling fights and pool of blood spattered, the tournament closed with deserving winners awarded with their prize.

I had the honor to referee two of three final bouts last night. The feeling was exhilarating; the last time I felt so good was exactly the same time last year where I refereed all the final bouts of the 32nd Pesta Sukan. This could be the credit of the pair of RED shoes I was wearing.

As a national referee refereeing for the national tournament, there is no room for mistakes. With the intense pressure from the audience, you are required to conduct the games fairly, awarding the penalties and points impartially.

Into my second year of refereeing, I can only say that the feeling of being a referee for the matches is much better than the feeling of the participating players. This is because I stay in control of the matches. 

I would strongly urge those who have not taken the National Referee Course offered by STF to quickly sign up and join the team of elite national referees immediately.

Cheers!

No comments: