Monday, August 14, 2006

Pesta Sukan 2006

This is my second year in refereeing and my 2nd yr in a row refereeing for the national championship. The feeling is exhilarating. There are a few interesting events that happened during the first 2 days at the nationals.

Day 1, Saturday 12 August (6 Hours)

With only one participant from my club today, both my partner and me volunteered to referee for the whole day. Same time last year, i was busy running up and down the courts, refereeing the matches one after another. Today, i sat all the time behind the recorders' desk, tabulating the results of the match.

The consolation came when my student won the bronze medal in his category of competition.

Day 2, Sunday 13 August (9 Hours)

Today, i have no participants for the competition, so i volunteered to referee the whole day again. Of the 9 hours in refereeing, i only managed to referee 2 matches worth 20mins; the rest of the time i was again behind the recorders' desk, tabulating results of the matches.

The lottery draw for the day was the highlight. Our new t-shirt design is represented with numerical of "5717 3770". These numbers came up in the starter position as "5771" & "7073". I called my partner to congratulate him but the sad thing is that we did not buy the winning permutations of these numbers. Sigh....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sir...u sure u r singaporean? lyk tat oso nv buy 4D? >.<

nvm...better luck next time